The Kalahari Klassic is moving to Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center in 2018! This year’s event will be played on synthetic turf fields and every player will receive an event-long Cedar Point pass included in the team registration. For more information, read below!
Each Team Will Receive:
- Players receive a FREE event-long pass with in/out privileges to Cedar Point.
- Discounted tickets to Cedar Point for friends and family!
- Three guaranteed games on synthetic turf fields
- ALL games on-site for the duration of the tournament
- Individual and team awards for 1st and 2nd place
- Certified umpires
- Game balls provided for each game
- High quality on-site concessions
- Free parking
- Ice water and cups at each field
- Tournament schedule and format will be announced 3-5 days prior to the tournament start date.
- Sports Force Parks will not be changing our bat rules for the 2018 season. A full description of the bat rules can be found in the tournament rules.
- There is a $8 per day OR $15 event-long admission fee for guests over the age of five years old. Player and coach admission is included in the tournament fee.
- Certified Medical Personnel on-site for the duration of the event.
Any questions may be directed to Josh McAfee - Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 502-2524 ex:65734
All teams must complete the team check-in process 30 days prior to the start of the tournament. Follow the steps below so that your team is ready to play!
- Electronic Parental Waiver: Every player must have a completed electronic Parental Waiver, signed by their guardian, in order to receive their Cedar Point pass. Just share the link with your team and once completed, no additional steps are required.
- Certificate of Insurance: Please send your Certificate of Insurance via email to Megan Centers at email@example.com. The following must be listed as an “additional insured":
- Cedar Point Park, LLC: 1 Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Sports Force Parks Sandusky, LLC: 3115 Cleveland Road W, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Cedar Fair L.P.: 1 Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Sports Fields, Inc.: 3760 Sixes Road, Suite 126-331, Canton, GA 30114
- County of Erie, Ohio: 2900 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Submit Team Roster: Please submit your roster by logging into the account that was used to register you team for the tournament. You can access your account by following this link and logging in in the upper left hand corner.
The Kalahari Klassic is excited to have secured room blocks at Kalahari Resorts for the 2018 tournament! Room booking information will be provided upon receiving your team’s registration and deposit. Rooms will go quickly, so make sure to register early to secure rooms at Kalahari! More information about the room blocks are included below:
- Dates: May 4-6, 2018
- Rates: $159.00 per night, 13.75% tax, $19.99 Resort Fee, per night (Standard Run of House room with 2 queen beds and up to four waterpark passes, per day)
- Deposit Requirements: 1st night deposit due with reservation; Balance due at check-in
- Cut-off date: Wednesday, April 4th, based on availability
- Two Night Minimum stay required (Fri & Sat nights)
- Individual guest room cancellation: If cancellation occurs up to 72 hours prior to arrival, a $25 processing fee will be assessed.
- If cancellation occurs within 72 hours of arrival, the first night deposit is forfeited.
- Early check-outs will be charged for the night(s) dropped
This is a stay-to-play event. Teams from the local area (within 60 miles) are not required to stay in a hotel and can choose to commute to the park each day. We will use the Head Coach's address to determine whether a team is local. Non-local teams that choose to book outside of this lodging process will be assessed a $350 fee upon team check-in.