Sports Force Parks Facility Policies & Regulations
Prior to the start of every tournament, teams must provide:
- Team Roster
- Parental Waiver, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement
- Certificate of Insurance or Player Cards (Soccer)
- Payment in Full
2-4 Day Tournament Payment Policy:
- Non-refundable $350 deposit, due at registration unless stated otherwise. Teams also have the option of paying the full balance at time of registration.
- Final payment is due 1 month before start of tournament.
- If a team registers within 1 month of the tournament, full payment is required at time of registration
NOTE: Remaining balances will be billed automatically to the original payment information 1 month prior to your event. For example, If you're tournament begins on March 1st, the remaining balance will be billed on February 1st. Please log in to the dashboard account used to register your team prior to the payment due date if you need to update your billing information.
Weeklong Tournament Payment Policy:
- Non-refundable $500 deposit, due at registration.
- October 1: Second Payment Due.
- February 1: Third Payment Due.
- May 1: Balance Due.
- If a team cancels before May 1, a credit will be given minus the full deposit.
- If a team cancels after May 1, the full amount paid is non-refundable.
When/How Do We Receive The Player Cedar Point Passes?
There will be an email sent from Cedar Point Sports Center that contains a code that you need to redeem for the free player pass. This email is sent to the email address that was used to fill out the player waiver. They are sent approximately 10 days prior to the tournament state date, but could be delayed if you fill out the waiver after this time frame. Any questions that relate to your Cedar Point tickets can be sent to CPSCticketing@cedarpoint.com.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- Sports Force Parks will try to maintain the originally planned schedule as much as possible, however, in the event of inclement weather:
- The first priority is always to reach minimum number of games for each team.
- We will always attempt to have a championship game.
- In order to achieve these goals, Sports Force Parks reserves the right to change the tournament schedule as needed, including shortening games.
- If a game is suspended due to darkness or weather, it is considered complete if:
- Baseball/Softball – 4 innings completed for a 6-inning game OR 5 innings completed for a 7-inning game.
- Soccer/Lacrosse – If 1 full half has been completed.
- If an elimination game is suspended:
- If one inning has NOT been completed, the higher seed will advance
- If the game is tied at the end of the last inning, the higher seed will advance
- If the Championship Game starts, is suspended and cannot resume, the game would be considered official at the end of the last inning.
- If tied, the teams would be considered co-champions.
- Weather will be continuously monitored by Sports Force Parks staff and play will be suspended at the appropriate time. Once suspended, play will resume after the storm activity has stopped for 30 minutes.
Inclement Weather Refund Policy:
|3 Game Format||4 Game Format||6+ Game Format|
|Play 0 Games: Full Refund||Play 0 Games: Full Refund||Play 0 Games: Full Refund|
|Play 1 Game: 50% Credit||Play 1 Game: 70% Credit||Play 1 Game: 75% Credit|
|Play 2 Games: 25% Credit||Play 2 Games: 40% Credit||Play 2 Games: 60% Credit|
|Play 3 Games: 20% Credit||Play 3 Games: 45% Credit|
|Play 4 Games: 25% Credit|
|Play 5 Games: 10% Credit|
Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center has partnered with Traveling Teams, Inc. to assist with all of your tournament housing needs. They offer the lowest rate online and have access to a wide variety of hotels/resorts in the Sandusky area! All rooms must be booked using Traveling Teams, Inc.
Teams from the local area (within 60 miles) are not required to stay in a hotel and can choose to commute to the park each day. We will use the Head Coach's address to determine this. Teams that do not follow the lodging process may be assessed an additional fee due prior to team check-in:
Weekend Tournament: $350/Team
Weeklong Tournament: $1,000/Team
Each team is required to carry its own insurance and submit a certificate of insurance to Sports Force Parks prior to the beginning of the tournament. No team will be allowed to play until all information is received and verified. The following must be listed as an “additional insured":
- Cedar Point Park, LLC: 1 Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Sports Force Parks Sandusky, LLC: 3115 Cleveland Road W, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Cedar Fair L.P.: 1 Cedar Point Drive, Sandusky, OH 44870
- Sports Fields, Inc.: 3760 Sixes Road, Suite 126-331, Canton, GA 30114
- County of Erie, Ohio: 2900 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870
This can be obtained through your insurance company by asking them to list it on the certificate. We are NOT requesting to be added as a ‘named insured’ on your policy. NOTE: Soccer teams are only required to provide player cards for each registered player as proof of insurance.
A wait list will form once a tournament is sold out. Once on the wait list, coaches will be contacted in the order that their submission was received.
Every coach is responsible for providing and carrying documentation of birth for all players on their roster for the duration of the tournament. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Birth Certificate
- State ID
- Any other government issued document
Only coaches may lodge an age protest before or during a game. There is a protest fee of $100 per protest. If your protest is upheld, your fee will be returned. Sports Force Parks tournament officials may request age documentation at any time. If a coach cannot provide necessary documentation, the player(s) in question will be ruled ineligible.
Teams are required to use the online Team Check-In process 30 days prior to the tournament. Teams that have not provided the required documentation 2 weeks prior to the tournament will lose their place in the event and no refunds will be provided.
Coaches are required to check in 1-hour prior to the start of their first game to receive their welcome package.
All concessions located within Sports Force Parks will be open during tournaments (hours may vary based on event schedule).
Outside Food & Beverages:
Visitors are not permitted to bring outside food and beverage products into the complex with a few exceptions:
- Athletes may bring reusable sports bottles in for use at water fountains, water jugs, and hydration stations in the park.
- Coolers will be allowed but may only contain ice, medicines, and baby food/formula.
Tents and canopies are allowed in the park, as well as folding chairs. There are bleachers at each field as well.
Sports Force Parks merchandise will be on sale throughout the duration of the tournament.
Parking will be provided on-site for visitors at no charge. No parking will be allowed in clearly marked “Drop Off Areas” or access roads entering the complex.
For visitors not including players and coaches, there may be an admission fee required to enter the park. Please refer to the tournament page to see if there is an admission fee for the event you are attending. Player and coach admission is included in the tournament fee. (Does not apply to weeklong tournaments)
Certified Medical Personnel:
Certified Medical Personnel will be on-site for the duration of events.
Players may wear molded cleats, but metal cleats are NOT allowed on the turf fields.
Sports Force Parks prohibits gum and sunflower seeds from being brought onto fields.
Alcohol is available for purchase in specifically designated areas in the complex. Visitors are prohibited from taking alcoholic beverages out of this designated area, and from bringing outside alcoholic beverages into the park. Violation of this policy may result in removal from the park.
All forms of tobacco including smoking, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaping are prohibited inside the park. Players, coaches, or parents found to be in violation of this rule will be referred to the Tournament Director for discipline. A designated smoking area is available outside of the park.
Pets are not permitted in Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center, with the exception of service animals.
Watch Out For Balls:
Games are constantly going on throughout the day, and visitors are asked to please be alert for balls that could leave the field of play.
Bad sportsmanship and poor behavior from players, coaches, parents and other visitors will not be tolerated at Sports Force Parks tournaments. All guests are expected to be respectful of each other, as well as the umpires/referees and tournament officials. Sports Force Parks has the right to remove visitors at anytime if they are deemed to be in violation.