Updated: Sept. 3, 2020
Per state guidelines put into effect on August 28 2020, coaches, spectators, officials and staff MUST wear face coverings at all times, and players must wear face coverings when not on the field of play. For spectators at the fields, six-feet social distancing MUST be maintained between individuals/families/household groups.
At Sports Force Parks our organization has high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests.
- Specified intervals for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas throughout the park.
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations.
- Frequent sanitation procedures for playing fields, spectator and player areas, amenities and playgrounds.
- Frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, benches and trash cans.
- In all guest interaction areas, we will have markings to promote proper social distancing.
STATEWIDE MASK ORDER
Governor DeWine announced that beginning on Thursday, July 23, at 6:00 p.m., a statewide mask mandate will go into effect for citizens living in all 88 Ohio counties.
"Our preliminary data indicate that the rate of increase in new cases has slowed in the high-risk counties where masks are already mandated, so we are cautiously optimistic that things are heading in the right direction," said Governor DeWine. "We believe that requiring masks statewide will make a significant difference and will be key to making sure other counties do not progress to a higher level of increased spread."
All individuals in Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times when:
- At an indoor location that is not a residence
- Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, such as a taxi, a car service, or a private car used for ride-sharing.
The order only requires those 10 years old or older to wear a mask. Additional exclusions include:
- Those with a medical condition or a disability or those communicating with someone with a disability;
- Those who are actively exercising or playing sports;
- Those who are officiants at religious services;
- Those who are actively involved in public safety; or
- Those who are actively eating or drinking.
Schools should follow the guidance previously issued pertaining to masks.
Due to COVID-19, Sports Force Parks will no longer provide drink coolers and cups at each field. Players only are allowed to carry in one bottle of water or sport drink. At this time, we do not offer an area to refill water bottles.
*All Cedar Point player/coach passes are valid until Labor Day 2021.
Guidelines For Players:
- Practice social distancing while in dugouts.
- Players follow guidelines as posted in the dugouts or communicated by your coach.
- Follow proper rules for warmup areas.
- Have fun!
Guidelines For Spectators:
- Practice social distancing.
- Be respectful of all players, coaches, umpires, spectators and employees.
- Return any shagged balls to the team on defense’s dugout.
- Enjoy the game!
Guidelines For Coaches:
- Must adhere to six-foot social distancing practices.
- Must conduct daily symptom assessments by coaches and players (self-evaluation). Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- No spitting or eating seeds, gum, or other similar products.
- No touch rule – coaches should refrain from high fives, handshake lines, and other physical contact with teammates, opposing players, coaches, umpires, and fans. A “tip the cap” can be used following the game in lieu of the handshake line.
- Must ensure that players are following COVID-19-related prevention measures included herein.
- Dugout will be prepared for next team/game, wait for approval to enter.
- ONLY Players & rostered coaches allowed in the dugout.
- Distance as much as possible in the dugout.
- NO sharing of equipment.
- Players should use own water bottle.
- Sunflower seeds are prohibited.
- Spitting to be avoided.
- Keep dugout clean.
- Use trash cans.
- Foul balls returned to defensive team, coach to wipe down before put back into play.
- NO verbal interaction with umpires, maintain expected social distancing and more.
- NO post-game handshakes.
- After game, exit dugout promptly so it can be cleaned for the next team/game.
*All Cedar Point player/coach passes are valid until 2021.
Should schedule changes need to be made, the Sports Force Parks staff will contact registered coaches. If your team has questions regarding any event reservations, please contact Eric McCafferty via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hosting you and your team in the near future!
Back to News